Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh Baby Baby!

I just have to put this out there... how many babies do you think are actually conceived right after a baby shower?  Maybe it's just me but when they pass around those adorable little outfits, blankets, etc it just makes me melt and my first thought is... I want another baby!!!

My friend Sue and I hosted a baby shower for a couple gals who are both expecting boys in the next few weeks. On Thursday, I baked some sugar cookies for the party so I could decorated them on Friday with royal icing. I tried a new recipe which I wasn't really thrilled with but live and learn. As soon as I find the perfect recipe ... I promise you will be the first ones I share it with.:)  Anyways, here's how my little feet turned out.


I wanted to do something different for the cupcakes so a week before the shower I sat down with some paper, punches, glue and ribbon and made my own cake picks. They were actually really fun to make and I was happy with how they turned out. 


Saturday morning... cookies done, cupcakes done, presents wrapped. Time to get everything loaded up and head on over to Sue's to get everything set up. 


I have to admit I haven't been to a baby shower in ages but Ladies it's like riding a bike... you never forget.  As soon as I got my hands on some of that baby paraphernalia, I was a a baby making mama wanna be. All I've got to say is "Thank You Jesus" my husband is fixed because no matter how cute babies are I'm way to old  physically, emotionally and financially to be starting over again.

The shower was a blast but my weekend was so crazy busy I have to admit I was glad when it came to an end.  Now I'm anxiously awaiting the call to announce the two new bundles of joy have arrived as well as the announcement of what arrivals we will be expecting nine months from now!

"Life’s better with butter" and a whole lot better with babies.  Thank you Lord for the gift of life.  I love the thought that not only am I your child but I was also once your own little bundle of joy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment