Friday, March 2, 2012

Midlife Crisis... Who Me?

My daughter says I’m going through my midlife crisis.  Maybe I am, maybe I’m not all I know is I love the way noses looked pierced with those itty bitty sparkles. I really, really wanted mine done but my daughter threatened to run away from home and disown me.  I’m really going to miss that kid. J

When my one of my BFF’s, Sharon, was up visiting we stopped by a piercing place JUST to check it out.  We checked it out all right… next thing I knew I was perched on a stool ready to have my nose pierced with a sharp object that in hindsight felt pretty dull.  In fact, I wonder now if she used a screwdriver.  I have to be honest; it was the one time I wished I still drank. LOL I told the lady I was super scared (she may have guessed that as I was shaking like a leaf) and that I hoped I didn’t bite her.  Surprisingly, she said she hoped not too. J  Side note:  If you are considering getting yours done you definitely don’t want to read on.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance but when I say it hurt I mean it hurt like H E double hockey sticks!  When she was done she said “you warned me about the biting but not about kicking”.  I seriously couldn’t help it she jabbed me with the needle and I jabbed her with my foot… oops!  Sharon was toying around with the idea of doing it herself.  Funny thing is after that day she hasn’t mentioned it again.  Case and point here is a picture of beautiful friend Sharon notice no nose sparkly.


When it was through, I needed to get some pain reliever in my system.  I also felt like I should take some back to the piercer just in case her leg hurt along with some flowers and an I’m sorry card.  As bad as I wanted the aspirin, I was afraid to go home.  Now some might think it was because of what my husband would say.  They would be totally wrong, I was in fact afraid of McKenzie.  She is my funny one.  If Kevin and I get caught up at life group, at friends, out to dinner etc. and are out past 9 she is on the phone reminding us how late it is and that we need to come home.  My Mom may have been fooled by some of the things I did but not Kenzie she doesn’t miss a thing.  She definitely keeps me in line… God bless her. You are probably dying to know how she took it.  Well let’s just say she didn’t jump up and down with joy.  In fact, she wouldn’t look me in the face for the rest of the week.  The good news is she didn’t kick me.  Thank goodness because I’m sure I would have had to shell out the money for the flowers and card for her to give me. J  I do love to get her back though by saying “I’m now considering a tattoo” to which she responds with…  Never mind we don’t even want to go there.  LOL

Anyways here’s a picture of my midlife crisis, daughter defying, thought I was going to die, kicking the piercer sparkly.  Was it worth it?  You better believe it!


Life’s better with butter" and once in a while giving in to your midlife crisis.  Thank you Lord for my BFF Sharon, my sweet daughter Kenzie and of course the piercer who were all three part of this adventure even if they didn’t want to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment