Friday, April 15, 2011

C is for Crazy...

Cake Class, Cupcakes, Colleges, Comedy, Cookie, Cherry all start with C but when you put them all together it's simply C for Crazy! It started Wednesday with my 1st of 4 Wilton Cake Decorating classes at Michael's. This is actually my 3rd attempt at this course.  The first one I couldn't get the Wilton Rose down try as I might so I made myself take it over again.  The next time I had to miss the final class so being the OCD person I am... I had to start the series yet again.  The class was lots of fun but I didn't get home until 9pm and I still had to make and decorate 48 cupcakes for the next day. 

The first 24 were for my niece Kelsey's 13th birthday.  She likes the colors green and blue so that's what I went with.  My newest cupcake thing to do is twirl the bottom part of the buttercream frosting in sprinkles.  I also added some royal icing flowers I had made and stored a while ago.  I think they turned out pretty cute.



Next up was 24 cupcakes for my friend Becky aka Cookie's birthday.  I decided on the same type of decorations except this time in pink and purple.  I'm not going to lie... I'm diggin this sprinkles on the side look.


I really enjoyed making these problem was I didn't get done until midnight and we were leaving on a road trip the next morning at 6am sharp. As I fell into bed I looked at the clock and calculated I had about 4 1/2 hours until my alarm was going to rear its ugly head.  At 1am I looked at the clock and calculated I had 3 1/2 hours until my alarm went off.  At 2am I looked at the clock and calculated I had 2 1/2 hours until my alarm went off.  Finally at 3am I looked at the clock, freaked out and went to sleep.  I swear it was only a few minutes later when that horrible beep, beep, beep went off but somehow I drug my butt out of bed and straight into the shower. 

At 6am sharp the Burt's came to pick us up and our road trip to tour a couple colleges officially started.  It was Kevin, Kenzie and I plus Kenzie's boyfriend Chris and his Mom, Jane.  First stop was Buzz Inn in Ellensburg for a little breakfast. I'm not sure what our waitress's name was but let's call her Agnes because that's what she looked like... actually Agnes with an Attitude would be more fitting. I don't know why I got the feeling she didn't like us... maybe the first tip was when she flung our menus down on the table. About halfway through our meal a convoy of Army vehicles rolled off the highway and into the gas station next door.  When Agnes caught that her whole demeanor changed including an extra bounce to her step.  I don't know much about Agnes but I do know what rocks her boat and it's not the Navy.  :)

We pulled into Cheney close to 1 and checked in for our tour.  There's not much to say about Eastern except it has a lot and when I say a lot I mean a heck of a lot of stairs.  Chris and Kenzie bought matching sweatshirts which was pretty cute but besides that the only other thing I came out of there with is blisters on my feet from all the walking up and down and down and up the stairs!!!



Thursday night we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Spokane.  We weren't sure where we were going to eat so we asked Bee.  Who's Bee?  She's the Burt's GPS device.  Apparently Bee gets a little upset when you deviate from her instructions hence the name Bee which is short for... well I guess you can figure that one out yourself.  :)  Anyways Bee seemed to be in a pretty good mood and suggested we go to the Old Spaghetti Factory.  I just have to give a big shout out to Bee because that was the best meal I've had in a long time.



The next morning we were Ellensburg bound to check out Central. We all loved it... especially Jane and I because there were no stairs... Praise the Lord!  It's a beautiful campus and the kids have decided to apply there in the fall. 


We got home Friday evening after dropping Kenzie off in Everett for a cheer conference.  While I had a great time with the Burt's on our little road trip it sure felt good to be home. 

Saturday night we had a birthday party for Joel, Becky and Sherry aka Joel, Cookie and Cherry. :)  First stop was the Improv in Bellingham for a little comedy.  After the show, we went to Jalapenos for some Mexican food.  Joel had to leave so we just had the birthday girls Cookie and Cherry.  We told the waiter it was their birthday and that they were twins.  It was pretty funny when he asked later if they were really twins... guess you had to be there.  After dinner we headed over to the Shell's for some games.  Perfect ending to a really fun night!


Finished the weekend off Sunday with having the Wasson's over for dinner.  Since it was Joel's official birthday, I made him some cupcakes and decorated them in Oklahoma University colors.  Joel was thrilled because after God, Family and friends... OU is his next love!


"Life’s better with butter" and lots of things that start with the letter C.  Thank you Lord for my crazy life... I wouldn't have it any other way and no one knows that better than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment