Sunday, September 19, 2010

Butter, Neighbors and Steak... Oh Yeah!

My family is blessed in so many ways... one being the best neighbors in the whole wide world.  Kenzie's car had a belt going out so Randy our neighbor who lives across the street offered to fix it for her (us).  While replacing the belt he found the water pump was going out too so he fixed that as well.  He has a big project going on at his house right now and the fact that he dropped everything to help us out means more to me than I can ever say.  What if everyone was like Randy... what if I was more like Randy...  What a wonderful world this would be if we not only went out of our way to help others but we did it with a happy heart. 

We wanted to give Randy a small gift for his hard work.  After some thought... we decided on a package of good steaks.  Everyone deserves a nice juicy steak once in a while especially Randy.  I hope he enjoys it. :)



I should share my good friend Joel's trick for barbequing an awesome steak.  It starts with a good cut of beef like T-Bone or Ribeye, put your seasoning on and throw it on the grill.   Here's the trick...  when there is about 5 minutes left you put butter pats all over the steak and finish cooking.  Oh yeah... "life's better with butter" and great neighbors and a good steak.  Dear Lord thank you so much for blessing us with Randy, Kelly, Amanda, Alexa and Hunter as neighbors.  Please help me to be more like Randy, willing to help others without expecting anything in return. 

1 comment:

  1. He is an awesome man, isn't he!!! He has the biggest heart ever & will do just about anything he can to help you! Never, ever asking for anything in return..........you are right you don't find many people like Randy.
    He is my best brother-in-law ever!!!!
    You have an awesome set of neighbors, you will always be happy with them around.
    I love your positive thoughts always!!!!
    I just love your creativity that you have developed in this blog!!

    ReplyDelete