Friday, September 17, 2010

It wasn't my fault...

Firm, fair and consistent... three words I try to live by.  If I’m going to ground myself from a week of baking I need to stick to it.  Problem is I didn’t give myself any consequences like if I bake… I will have to go buy some new clothes or if I bake… I will have to get a pedicure.  You know… something that happens if you don’t do what you’re suppose to do only with adults I think it’s fair to have it be a good thing.  We’ve already learned all our lessons so it’s not like we need to drive that point home.  Back to the whole baking thing… I’m ashamed to say I only made it until Tuesday.  It really wasn’t my fault.  I couldn’t just let that frosting sit in my fridge and when Kenzie asked me to make cupcakes for cheer homecoming practice how could I say no.  Then of course I had to bake a cake for my decorating class.  It’s not like I could buy one.  By that point I’d already blown it so I just decided to throw in the towel or should I say apron.  You know what "life's definitely better with butter" if I do say so myself… also with new clothes and a pedicure. J  Dear Lord thank you for the grace you show me when I don’t obey even my own commands please help me to be better in obeying yours.   

1 comment:

  1. so,I knew you wouldn't make it for a week.
    this is an awesome blog that you have created.

    You are very creative & a GREAT inspiration.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete